Inner tension, fatigue, irritability or poor concentration - whether caused by job-related or private strains permanent stress has a negative impact on our health. The external environment can be rarely (completely) changed but a constructive handling of potential stress triggers can be learned.
Activate your inner resources, increase your body awareness and learn effective strategies for dealing with stress. Meet the hustle and bustle of the time with a new, mindful living!
"You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf." (Jon Kabat-Zinn)
What is MBSR?
MBSR (Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction) is a simple but highly-effective anti-stress-programme. The 8-week-course-programme was developed by Dr. Jon Kabat-Zinn at the University of Massachusetts in 1979 and combines the latest findings in medicine, psychology, stress and communication research with millennia-old knowledge about the positive effects of meditation.
The heart of the programme is the practice of mindfulness.
The effectiveness of MBSR...
… has been confirmed by numerous scientific studies. Today, MBSR has been implemented worldwide in schools, companies and public organisations as burn-out prevention and health care
Among the positive (physical and psychological) effects of MBSR are:
- Improved coping with stress, strains or difficult emotions,
- Increased self-confidence and body awareness,
- Improved social skills and constructive communication and conflict resolution skills,
- Increased vitality and joy and more conscious experience.
For whom is MBSR suitable?
The MBSR 8-weeks-course-programme targets people who
- Experience (job-related or private) stress and would like to learn a conscious and active dealing with stress,
- Suffer from restlessness, fatigue, insomnia, nervousness or overwork,
- Are overwhelmed of their feelings (e.g. fear, anger, sadness etc.) or thoughts,
- Have a decoupled proportion to their body and want to strengthen their body awareness,
- Suffer from chronic pain or illness or just
- Would like to bring more joy and vitality in their lives!
No previous knowledge or experience necessary.
- Short presentations on key topics (mindfulness, stress, emotions, communication, perception etc.)
- Guided exercises (body scan, seated or walking meditation, mindful body exercises),
- Exchange in the group & self-reflexion
- Simple & effective strategies for dealing with stress in everyday life
Format & Setting
- 8 x 2,5 hours (1 x/week)
- 1 day of mindfulness (6 hours)
- Preliminary talk & debriefing (optional)
- Material included (script, CDs)
The 8-week-course-programme can be offered in-house (for a department or as part of the internal developmental programme) or as an open course programme.